mumsnet

Monday 26 March 2012

So relaxed I am in a coma!!

At the weekend I went to the Five lakes Golf and spa  with two of my well deserving friends.  We all have children who can be pickles and all have husbands who err on the side of  useless!!!

So to prepare for this momentus occasion - a whole night away from home, husband, children, dog and cats - I spent all week, cleaning, tidying, cooking food (I know it was only one night!! but come on you know how i love to be organised!!) I laid their clothes out for the saturday and sunday - hubby is colour blind I am sure and often lets the kids dress themselves! a big no no in my book!!!!! etc.....

Saturday morning came and my chauffeur arrived at the designated time - children and husband barely looked at me as I said my tearful goodbyes, - and then we were off, free from the constraints of demanding children. Free from the ever present animals, free from the constant questioning of husband, free, free, free I tell you!!!!!

And it was bliss, we were pampered, rubbed, moisturised and buffed. We indulged in such activities like reading magazines from cover to cover without interupptions (actually thats a lie but we interupted each other to discuss the highly interesting, most important topics of who wore what at the latest film premiere and who is snogging who!!!!!!)  We swam, sauna ed and steamed.  We drank wine without worrying about the muzzy head in the morning from being woken too early by little people!! We ate our own lunch and dinner and breakfast whilst it was hot without having to share with another mouth!!    We were so relaxed we were almost in a coma! Honestly you could see the tension melt away!!!!!

Sounds like heaven yes!!!!  But I watched and noted how conversation inveriably ended up being about our children or husbands . How we sometimes feel we don't do a good enough job, how we give so much attention to the children our husbands have to take a back seat, how we never find time for ourselves.  We all checked our phones at least once every couple of hours to see if we had missed a call or had a text message. We all wondered about what was happening at home.

Because no matter how hard you try you just cannot detach yourself completely from your life - its almost as if their is an invisible umbilical cord that wraps itself around you, your kids, husband and life and try as we might their is just not a pair of scissors strong enough in the world to cut it! and would we really want to!!

Sunday came too quickly and at the same time not quickly enough. We packed our bags said our fond farewells to pampering heaven and arrived home to resume normal service - I was greeted by a bucket load of washing (how did they wear so many clothes in 24 hours!!) toys everywhere, I honestly think Toys R Us threw up in my living room!!, a floor covered in muddy dog/foot prints 'we took Casper over the field!' food still in the fridge - 'we had McDonalds!!' and three very big hugs, 'we missed you mummy' (obviously hubby said my name, or else that would be a bit creepy!!)  ahh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment