mumsnet

Tuesday 28 February 2012

got to look fabulous darling!!!

Whenever No1 sons face starts to fill out, my purse starts to quake with fear!!  - it usually means he is due a growth spurt and he has them with alarming regularity!!!
He is by no means a small child - always wearing clothes bigger than his age - at the moment we are at the end of the six /seven size (he turned five two weeks ago!!!!) and the darling diva is a bit of a giraffee with no hips/bum too!! In fact her legs are so long that the trousers I buy for the length fall off her around the waist (everything has to be nipped in!!!! God i wish i could say that about my clothes!!!!)

So its new clothes time as the sleeves are riding up his arms and the trousers are swinging around his ankles!!!!  And he seems to have an aversion to keeping the knees in his trousers - if he is not crawling around on all fours playing with the dog, he is falling over his own feet at a run and making ruddy great holes!!

Now, its a physical impossibility to get No1 son anywhere near a clothes shop so its alot of guess work and returns when buying his clothes.  Madam on the other hand loves a clothes shop/shoe shop and is quite happy to try things on and pose infront of the mirror. 
Two children could not be more different about clothes! He insists on all tags being removed, socks must be straight and sleeves must stop on the wrist not below!!!!  Everything has to be washed before its worn and if it has a collar and buttons then he won't wear it as these are the kind of clothes you wear for school!!!   She loves a pretty dress, pretty party shoes, glitter etc... but also loves a bit of muck, wellies and jeans to get dirty!!! 

Whenever I do find myself with a bit of money and a bit of time to myself then shopping is  very good therapy however I find myself wandering aimlessly around shops for myself ( Do i have a style? only if its on sale! Will that fit, do i have time to try it on? Does it need ironing? Dryclean only! I dont think so!!!)  but when it comes to the children ohhhhhh I could spend a fortune!! there are so many things that i want to buy. 

The windows are full of summer clothes that look so adorable with children playing on the beach, having adventures in the woods, tea parties in flower filled fields!!!  The shops entice you in with BOGOF offers on t-shirts.  The appeal of a cartoon character on clothes never fails if your child is obsessed with peppa pig or super heros. The visiond of your beautiful kids looking even more gorgeous in THAT dress or THOSE shorts is just too hard to resist!! I find my purse out, the plastic being passed to the shop assistant and the ringing up of the till!! Kerching, children will look gorgeous, but your pockets are now empty!!!

Therefore,  as they are always growing out of their clothes soooooo quickly I am trying to limit myself to less expensive shops like matalan, George, primark, Choice , tesco, Tu, and at a push Next!!   I cant keep up with the growth x money  = empty pocket equation!!!  Neither can hubby!!! whoops!!!  At least this way,  when people ask 'ohh where is that from?' I can lie through my teeth and says somewhere very expensive or designer as there are no tags in No1 sons clothes to say otherwise!!!!!! Kerching xx

No comments:

Post a Comment