mumsnet

Sunday 4 March 2012

Take cover....... its world war three here!!!

My mum says to me to pick my battles - with the children, husband and dog!!
But I am finding it increasingly difficult to ignore the small stuff and am snapping over the tiniest things!!

I compare myself to those creatures in the film 'the little mermaid', the ones who sold their souls to the octopus witch and she sucked the life out of them and turned them into wibbly wobbly bits of sea grass .......... well thats me, I sold my soul for my two healthy perfect babies and I am having the fun stuff systematically sucked out of me with all the moaning I do, I am turning into a miserable piece of fish fodder!!!!     Maybe a bit of a hypobolic statement I know but you get the idea!

Everyday there is a new battle (not just the one but a new one to add to all the exisiting battles I might add!)  The children put on their armour and set about destroying mummy and her good mood in as little time as they can muster...........  They argue with me over their clothes, brushing their teeth, what they want for breakfast, eating their breakfast, going to the toilet before we leave the house, putting on their shoes, sitting in their chairs, having toys to play with in the car ... need i go on.   This is on top of the internal arguements amongst themselves over who is faster, bigger, taller, older, can colour better, who the dog loves more etc.........   And i can feel my own screwy switch inside my stomach tightening with every whine, moan and general obnoxious comment!!!

No1 son is finding his feet - how far can i push mummy with my superior school knowledge! because now I'm five and a big boy I know best and will therefore question every single decision mummy makes!!!  (I thought this attitude started in the teenage years not yet!!!)  The darling Diva is such an independent madam anyway that nothing mummy says needs to be listened and i will so my own thing anyway, oh and if mummy does shout and lose her temper its ok because i can fake cry louder than her anyway!!

I feel that the government are to blame for this (got to blame someone right!) instead of sending all those troops over to the middle east to battle with terrorists etc.. they should be here on british soil training mummies in the art of child warfare - we need negotiation training, diplomatic intervention and tactical manouvers!!!

With a deep breath I try to compromise, cajole, explain why I want something done ...... but nine times out of ten I get so frustrated that i find myself uttering those immortal words...
'Because I said so!!!!!!' 

I know there is no real remedy, children who question are confident, intellegent and independent, exactly how I want my kids to be , but just once wouldn't it be nice to add compliant to that list!!  Oh well flak jacket back on its time to start round three, ding ding, arguements ready , here we go.....

'Can you wash your hands for lunch please'   ' But mummmmmmmmmmm..............

No comments:

Post a Comment